Welcome to the =VX9= Gaming Community.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tell me how to get started

I know how to drink it, just not how to make it!

General

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edacyn View Post
    2. Keep everything sanitized - no exceptions
    To say this is CRITICAL would be understating how critical it is. It's VERY easy to totally fuck up a brew because you skimped on cleaning. If you really need a good cry, try washing a couple of gallons of potential beer down the drain because it got contaminated.

But, back to getting started. I've been brewing for years, and I've always found the Mr. Beer kits to be VERY easy to use. It brews at about 2 gallons at a time, so if you want to move to bigger batches, you'll have to eventually get a bigger kit. But I've found that even their 2 gallon barrel allows me to do a lot of experimentation. Go to https://www.mrbeer.com/category-exec/category_id/181 for their kits. They are VERY reasonably priced. And they actually also have some pretty decent beer mixes.

And if you do go with one of the kits, as edacyn said, follow the directions to the T until you are comfortable with what changes you can make. And in addition to cleanliness and following directions, I will also add that brewing will absolutely try your patience. It's really tough watching a keg of water, hops and other ingredients sitting their becoming a batch of beer for a month (and likely much more). You will be tempted to "check on how it's tasting". DON'T. Leave it alone until it's ready for the next stage. Again, it will make you cry if you fuck up your beer.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    ... my voice is a cocktail of creepy sexual serial killer evangelical tv preacher
    Quote Originally Posted by northofnowhere
    Drinking and Steam wallets don't mix, bad combo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Breech View Post
    this whole thread is f***ed.

Inactive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me how to get started

Just bought this kit from amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Brew-B...4&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Pretty excited about starting this weekend but still deciding on what to brew lager ale etc

Love this thread keep it going guys especially the guys who've done home brewing in the past taking all the advice in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    [img width=450 height=150]http://i49.tinypic.com/wvd6jo.jpg[/img]

Lieutenant General

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my kit... next week I will start my first batch. I'm pretty excited about it!

Former

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well... beer huh.... what about frute wine or a good aged mead? just takes a little longer and practicly anything can be used to make wine.example umpkin(wouldnt reconmend it or malberry .to much tannin) but potato or blue berry( my favorite),carrots, bannanas (needs help in the acid dep.), but makes a nice desert wine or the old fashion mead that is made from pure honey can all be explored with hope and satisfaction. think about it huh? glhf ty all.