Welcome to the =VX9= Gaming Community.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Introducing: Teamspeak Account Linking

Ever reinstalled Windows/Mac or your Teamspeak client and logged on and were stuck in the lobby because you don't have any permissions?
    Had a recent promotion or transfer but have to look for someone to update your ranks in Teamspeak?
    Want to help your CO/XO show that you've been active for your next promotion?

Introducing Teamspeak Account Linking through =VX9= PRISM...

Teamspeak account linking offers the ability to link your Teamspeak client(s) to your =VX9= account through PRISM (https://prism.vx9.com) which benefits you and your leadership team. When you link your client, PRISM will determine what server groups you should be in and grant you those permissions automatically without having to ask anyone to grant them for you. By being linked any future promotions, departmental changes, division transfers, donation status upgrades, and more are pushed out to all of your linked clients even while you are offline so when you login you aren't out of uniform and have the access you need. Finally, all of your Teamspeak activity is combined across all of your clients and easily accessible to your leadership team for when they go to recommend you for promotions.

Linking and unlinking your clients within PRISM is easy. Not sure if you are linked? Click on your name in Teamspeak and look on the right side - if there's a 'PRISM Linked' usergroup then you are already linked. If you are not linked, you want to review your clients, or just review your =VX9= account information you can do so by logging into PRISM at https://prism.vx9.com/ using your current forum credentials (please note you must be ranked Private or higher to login to PRISM). Once logged in you can review your linked clients in the far right 'Teamspeak Client Linking' box. This box will list out any clients you may have, allow you to add/edit the note for each client to quickly identify each, and unlink any unused clients.

Linking Your Client
    To link a new client you must be logged into Teamspeak from the same device that you are initiating the link from. If you are on a cellphone or tablet you must start the link through PRISM on the browser of that same device.

1. Log into PRISM (https://prism.vx9.com) with your forum login credentials.
    2. On the main page click on 'Link New TS Client'
    3. Click on the 'Find/Refresh My Clients' - this will look for eligible clients to link to your account. Select the appropriate, unlinked client from the dropdown. If you aren't connected or you receive a 'No Eligible Clients Found' you can re-connect to Teamspeak and click on the same button to refresh.
    4. Add a Client Note - something that identifies your client such as: home, work, primary, living room, iPad, cellphone, etc.
    5. Click the 'Link Client' button to finalize the link. Don't hit any button or close the window until it's complete. If all goes well then the page will refresh with your new client linked.

Unlinking A Client
    If you have a client that you know isn't used any longer you can go in and unlink the client.
    • Find the client in the client list that you want to unlink.
    • Click the red unlink button next to it.
    • Confirm that you would like to unlink and press the 'Unlink Client' button. Don't hit any button or close the window until it's complete. If all goes well then the page will refresh with that client unlinked.

In the near future you will also be able to

Linking Questions/Answers

• Q: Why should I do this?
      A: The benefits to linking your clients are that you can be granted your proper accesses at any time. Also, all of your clients will receive their promotion ranks, department changes, division transfers, and other actions automatically across all of the linked clients. If you only login to your cellphone's TS every once in awhile you may have old permissions and tags - this eliminates that. It also allows the leadership team a combined look at your activity when recommending for promotion. There really isn't a reason not to do it.
    • Q: Will this give me all of my groups? Will I miss any?
      A:
      PRISM does a great job analyzing your account and deciding what server groups you should have access to and automatically granting them. There are a few groups that will not be automatically granted or synced. These are: PTT Override, Member of the Month, Team Captain, Intelligence, Training Team, Server Admin, CO, Staff, and a few others. These can be granted easily once you are synced.
    • Q: What is PRISM?
      A:
      PRISM is the =VX9= account management system. It provides many utilities for you and your leadership teams to do various tasks in the community with ease. You must be ranked Private+ to access this system. I would recommend everyone logging in to check it out.
    • Q: Will there be any other utilities included in this?
      A:
      Yes, you will be able to sync your server groups by client or across all of your clients. You will also be able to view information about a single client such as total connection time, last seen, if it's online or not, and other various information. Additionally, all new recruits will be linked by their recruiter in the upcoming Recruit Manager.
    • Q: I linked my client and now I am missing some of my groups
      A:
      As mentioned above, PRISM determines what groups you should be in but there are some that it does not. Additionally, if you don't get a group you may actually not be a member of that group.

Major

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Read and Understood,

I'll take care of this once if I become a full member.

Thanks!

Banned

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done and done! Good job Bus!

One Team!

Inactive

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is literally the answer to my question a day ago! Worked flawlessly! Thanks for the work guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inactive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read & understood and already implemented it into my profile.. !

Nice system by the way

Former

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this available for recruits?
    I keep getting the unauthorized access error.

Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehShortbus View Post
    (please note you must be ranked Private or higher to login to PRISM).
    Nope, once you reach Private you will be able to access.

Inactive

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    r &u, done, thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Inactive

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Read and Understood!
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...tankyl3g-2.png

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
    -Albert Einstein

Inactive

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super Helpfull