So happy the season is finally under way, but it is under a dark cloud that it begins.
For years I have come to look forward to the F1 broadcast team, unlike every other sport where I usually turn the announcer volume WAY down.
Leigh Diffy, Steve Machette and David Hobbs have been the voice of F1 for years, and now that ESPN has the broadcast rights, their time has come to an end.
I knew I would be disappointed with the new home of F1, I just didn't know it would bother me this much.
I feel like I should give a few positives, but alas, there are few.
1. There are significantly more cameras providing every possible viewing angle
2. It is no longer just Will Buxton doing all of the on track commentary. There are several former F1 drivers, including F1 champion Damon Hill, splitting up the on track analysis duties. Which will give us more and better information.
So far, those are the only 2 positives I have taken away so far, we'll see how this all unfolds.

I will say I will be subscribing to F1 TV when it finally goes live, then I will no longer be forced to watch ESPN's takeover of NBCSN's coverage.

Anyway, here is looking forward to a much more competitive 2018 campaign, and a rise of team Haas in the constructors championship.